A new book on Puerto Rico by territorial law expert Howard Hills, with an introduction by the former U.S. attorney general, provides a clear and accurate explanation of the relationship between Puerto Rico and the United States.
This PDF file will be available for download as soon as payment is processed. You will not receive a physical book.
Table of Contents:
- Puerto Rican Identity and American Democracy
- Consent of the Governed
- Restoring America’s Anti-Colonial Values
- Self-determination: An American Tradition
- National Citizenship in Puerto Rico
- Advent of “Balzac Citizenship” for Puerto Rico
- Sources of U.S. Citizenship Rights
- “Balzac Citizenship” —an Incomplete Status
- Curse of the “Happy Imperialist”
- Restoring Northwest Ordinance
- Principles For Puerto Rico
- Afterword: The Prospect Now Before Us
- A Statehood Primer – History of Statehood: Lessons for Puerto Rico